Thursday, August 11, 2011

thoughts

Some days I just fail at giving my children a nutritious balance of foods, and I always scold myself for doing so and feel guilty while I let them devour the 3rd cookie of the day. As the nurturer of the home, I feel that if my kids don't like vegetables it's my fault, or if they grow up to be over weight then it's my fault for not teaching them proper eating habits. Is there anyone else who feels the same? I mean seriously! It's just one more pressure that we have as moms.  We have some how failed our children if they don't eat good all the time.

As a nation we've addressed the fact that our society is getting fatter and more unhealthy but we've not addressed the moral downfall of our society. For me, I feel this is the a far bigger problem than a number on a scale.

As I write this, I'm watching my 10 month old eat a french fries and know that if he doesn't like broccoli later in life, bummer, but if he doesn't come to know and love Christ, that is the true tragedy and heartbreak. While we as a family are striving to become healthier, we need ensure our focus remains on Christ. Does Christ want us to be health? Of course!! But if I'm worrying more about how many calories we've eaten today rather than how many life lessons I've been able to teach then something is wrong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment